Fuck. Bless you. Uh, could you two talk a bit so I can set the levels? Where did you say you were from, Eric? Do you know Nore? 20 miles north of Örebro? Hey, shit, my barber’s from there. Okay? Her name’s Sanna. Do you know her? Yeah…no… Not as far as I know. Blonde and, uh, she’s pretty fit. Fit? I mean, thin waist but she looks like an anchor down below… You do realize I don’t know every person from Nore? It’s still pretty big. Get it, it’s fucking huge. Keep talking. So what did you say her name was? Wait, I have a picture of her here. Yeah okay, her I know. So you do know her? “Know” maybe a bit much, but she went to my school. Get it, Nore is fucking huge. She has a pretty big ass, y’know? Yeah, sure, it’s unproportionally big. She’s still pretty hot. Yeah, sure. Would you wanna bang her? What are you thinking? Would you fuck her in the ass if you could? Okay, let’s kick off this week’s edition of “Danne’s Place”. A podcast that is recorded in association with the University of Stockholm. It can be downloaded from their website or streamed from iTunes or Acast With us today is, of course, my ever-present right hand Robin And this week’s guest, Eric, who is from Youth Culture in Stockholm But also from a town that’s called… uh… Nore. Nore, exactly. The whore from Nore. It rhymes! It does indeed. He is a first generation Stockholmer,
or as we real natives say, a hick. Or just hillbillies? Just hillbillies works too. In any case, he’s here to get a feel for the performance
art scene in Stockholm. Welcome, Eric! Thank you.Please don’t go here. Don’t go here. Go away, go away.I don’t have the strength.No, no, no! Don’t step any closer!Hi, there.Oh fuck.Could you help me with something?Pretend like you don’t see him. Just ignore him.Come on! I can’t help you. Go away, get lost!Where the fuck did it go?Where is it? Where is it? WHERE IS IT?Think! Think! Calm down.What are you looking for?I’m looking for my pipe.I made it disappear. But why? Give it back. Help me out with the thing first. Okay Eric, tell us city folks what it’s like to grow up in the boonies. Uh, the boonies? Yeah, the countryside. The hinterland The backwoods. The bush. And do me a favor, say “Örebro” for me. Uh, Örebro? Ööörebro. Örebro. Imagine you’re talking a dump and say it one more time. Say it again. Öööörebro And there it iiiiis! But what was it like growing up out there? Probably what it’s like to grow up in any suburb anywhere. Like in Nacka. Yeah, but Nacka is pretty… Nacka IS Stockholm. Except it’s not part of the city. It seems like it though. They’ll run the subway out to Nacka in 5 years so it will be. Isn’t there like a cow pasture right where you live there? Have you tipped any cows? No, no I did not. No, because aren’t you afraid of cows? But sing the Three Old Ladies of Nore then. Really? You wanna hear it? Oh, definitely. Can’t you see I’m busy here? I don’t understand how you can live in this mess. Please leave me alone. Then do it yourself. It can wait. I want you to clean it now. If it’s not a good time for you
then you can pack your shit and go. I promise I’ll do it… No. Just not right this second. No, now! Not later.Where are you going? Hello? Hello?!Wait for me! Wait for me!How… By the way, have you been to the other side of the mountains? What? You see that over there? Have you been there? No, I haven’t. But why not? Why would it be any better over there? Aren’t you curious what’s beyond them? Yeah, no, I’m not. Come on, give it a shot, man. Yeah, okay. Can I come too? No, no, of course not, you’re in
the middle of something here and, uh… Yeah, couldn’t you just disappear? Right. Get lost. As I mentioned earlier during the break, I’ve also
worked in a grocery store, same as you, correct? Yeah, that’s right. Now I have a temp job at the University, plus this podcast
so I have enough to get by But sometimes I miss the security of a full-time
regular income. Do you get that? Yeah, to be honest I don’t give it much thought. But you got to earn, right? Yes, of course. There isn’t a lot of money in the entertainment industry.
Of course, some earn a lot… But that only applies for a few and for
the rest of us, it’s pretty hard up. I see it is this:
I just have to be fucking poor, then. Just do egg noodles and ketchup every day or what? No, no, I’m vain and I can’t get off my ass to work out so… I do no carbs and more on protein. Okay. What’s in your fridge? Uh, nothing, I eat out. At the upscale restaurants? Yeah, every day of the week. Moron. I thought that we should have an evaluation. You’ve been here 6 months now
and your trial period is coming to an end. So I’m getting a permanent position? Yeah, no, no such thing, no. We think you’re an ok guy but you don’t really fit in here. What do you mean? You want more. Not everyone’s cut out for retail. I think you’re a great guy. Why are you firing me then? Maybe you should go into another field of work. But I do a great job? Eric, you’re a liability. You’re too slow. Too slow?! What do you know about it,
we don’t even work the same shifts! You don’t even see how I work! Wait a minute now, I see here that you
closed up 10 minutes after the set time, Everything’s supposed to be done by
10:30 and 10:40 you were… If it wasn’t my fault we were 10 minutes
late, what do you say to that? I can’t go into the details with you now… Details? But you can just fire me like that over it? There are complaints that you didn’t help close up the salad bar… But that was after my shift ended. But it’s mandatory that you help close the salad bar
if you punch out at 8 pm. But if you want me to close the salad bar you have to
include it in the schedule since I don’t work for free. That’s just it. What? Your attitude problem. I’ll send the union down on you. You do that and see what happens. You should know that everyone fucking hates you here. I’ll replace all your shifts with a temp, just so you know. I’m not leaving. What? I refuse. It’s me. We have a… Are you leaving voluntarily or not?!? You should quit smoking. You’ll find a new job. You’re young. They’re looking for new workers
down at the supply chain department. But I don’t have any qualifications. How do you know, you haven’t even applied? It’s as simple as I don’t have any college background. It’ll sort itself out. Just remember to sign up at the public
employment service as looking for work. But there is no more work anyway
so what’s the point? But you can go on welfare like Pia did.
Or get an internship. Nah, those no-pay “pretend jobs” aren’t my thing. Just try to be positive. So you don’t have a college education? No, but I have retail experience. We don’t have any job like that
available right now I’m afraid. I need a new job anyway, so… There must be something, right? What are you good at? I like to be on stage. Theater? No, what I do is more of like dancing,
like… interpretive performance. And why aren’t you doing that? OPEN STAGE CRAFT I mean, it’s nothing I can
make a living off of. You could say that. Would you be
willing to move to Stockholm? Why? Here’s a job as a personal care
assistant to a young man of your age… I mean, I don’t know if I could move,
mother would get so lonely. I don’t think that would work. You got yourself glasses? Yeah, I wanted to document things. What do you mean, document? There’s a camera in the glasses. Stop goofing off. There is, I promise! Ridiculous. How can you even afford such
nonsense, you’re unemployed? It’s for a project. It’s important, mother. Just don’t come running to me when
the repo man comes knocking. Don’t worry, mother. Things will turn around soon. It’s not like you’re doing something else. Why do you say that? Because you’re you? Eric, you’re the shittiest friend I’ve ever had. But hey, bring some of that Indian food,
the same as that other time… Eric. Bring a few beers too, it’ll be nice… I mean it. You’re the shittiest friend I’ve ever had. Yeah, okay? I’m spending the weekend with Sara actually. We penciled it in already. So… we’ll see. You know that she’s supposed to be with Elin. And I know that you know. Oh, that’s right. That was this weekend. I must’ve gotten the dates mixed up. Okay. Something like that. Have you told her how you feel? – Sara?
– Yeah? No, I haven’t told her.
I haven’t had the right time. I don’t understand what you see in her. What do you mean? Let’s see, she’s an idiot, she’s
fuck ugly and she’s in a cult. Come on, she’s definitely not ugly
and she’s not in any cult either. Alright, I get it. But you don’t. I don’t want to be
your friend anymore, Eric. – No?
– No, don’t call me anymore. Ok? Public Employment Office, this is Eva. Hi, it’s Eric, from earlier today? I changed my mind, I want that Stockholm job. We’ll set it up, then. Great. Thanks. – Hey, can you help, the bookcase arrived and it’s too heavy…
– I’m leaving. – Where are you going?
– Stockholm. Why? You don’t have any money —
Because I got a job. What?! – Yes.
– Wait a minute! I need to borrow some money. Uh-huh. Have you really thought this through properly? It’ll sort itself out. Wait, wait, Eric! Are you sure this is the right time to move?
Will you be stable? Everything’s so expensive there. You’ll get it all back after my first paycheck. I’ll get evicted if I don’t. Please, I don’t want to hear your bullshit,
can’t you just give me back my pipe? Once I met an old man who wanted to teach me
things, about a place called… Shit. Fuck was it? Fuck it, it was stupid anyway. Look around,
try something new. Aren’t you curious? Hey, I’m not going to tell you again. Give me the pipe. Now. Have you worked as a care assistant before? Yes… or no. It used to be a hospital, but now
they have different rooms, so… Henke! – You’ll learn how he is.
– He knows I’m coming? Yeah, of course, I told him all about it.
I don’t know why he’s not opening though. Henke! Maybe he’s listening to music? – Hey Henrik, what’s up? Can I come in?
– I’d rather you didn’t. – Great, I’ll just use the bathroom.
– Who’s this? That’s your new care assistant. Okay, moving on. We’ve now come to
the recurring contest portion of our podcast. You pick a note with a word that you
have to include in a joke in 10 seconds. You can use existing jokes but you have to
come up with it within 10 seconds time. As custom dictates, the guest starts first so… Go ahead. I mean, so… Okay. Any note is fine. – Should I read it out loud?
– Yeah, sure. – I hope it’s not a hard one.
– No, it’s fine. Go ahead. “Homosexual.” 10…9… 8… 7… I got it! How do you get a fag to fuck a girl? Uh, I dunno? You fill her pussy with poop. O-okay. Moving on. Robin, pick a note. Uh, “pedophilia”. 10… 9… 8… What’s the same about boxing
and fucking a child? – I don’t know.
– Me neither. Even if both are in on it,
someone gets fucked. Okay! It was alright. “Don’t quit your day job” as they say but alright… – Excuse me! Do you have a lighter?
– What? Are you local? Yeah, I live just over here. Why do you ask? Just curious. Watch it! Excuse me? – I said watch it.
– I’m sorry. I can’t hear you. I said I’m sorry, now you heard
so can you let go of me? – Little millennial sissy, huh?
– Please let go, please? – Are you soft? Are you a sissy?
– Yeah. Now let me go. Let go. – No respect.
– I said let go! Let him go, you’re scaring him. – How come you have a girlfriend and I don’t?
– Please let go. – Keep a low profile and stay in the background.
– Yes, of course. – My family’s here.
– I understand. I’d rather you stay outside. It might be good if I come up to say
hi though so they know who I am. Just might be a nice gesture. – You don’t know how important this is.
– I’m still someone new, so… It’s family dinner. They don’t want you there.
They don’t give a shit about you. Might still be a good idea. Just open the door. – Hey!
– Hi. Uh-huh. – Everything alright?
– Yeah, rolling along. Hi! I’m Henrik’s new assistant, Eric. Uh-huh. I don’t know what it’s like in your house,
but here we don’t wear our shoes indoors. Sorry! I didn’t get… – Hi! I’m Andrea, this is Kristin.
– Hi, hello. – Welcome, Eric.
– I’m sorry. Thank you. – Is he as incompetent as the last one?
– Yeah, he’s an idiot. – How’s the food coming?
– It’s done! Are you hungry, Henrik? – Yeah, I’m starving!
– Great. Eric! You’re welcome to join us. Aren’t you going somewhere? Yeah… Yeah, that’s right. I have this meeting… A meeting? But I thought you’re working
for Henrik for a few more hours? Yeah, I suppose… But I have this… Come, sit down. Hang your jacket over there. Sure. Okay. Can you get a coaster? I can’t imagine someone like you
working as a personal care assistant. Why not? Was it really that awful in that
shitkicker town that you had to run away? You’re wrong, you know. I just
wanted to try something new. I don’t know who you’re trying to fool. Okay. Oh well. – No, I don’t want to!
– What? It’s Stig, he’s asking a bunch of crap. How are you two related anyway? He’s my uncle. Okay. – I’m thirsty.
– Want me to get you some water? No, get the boxwine in the cupboard. And bring 2 glasses. You wanna hear a song I’m working on? What? No, I’d rather not. Why not? – Can you even play?
– Of course. That’s it. What do you think? It was fine I guess. Fucking clueless. – Hey, Eric!
– Hi mom, it’s me. I’m kind of in the hole, I can’t
really afford to stay here at the hostel. So you’re coming home, or…? What? No, I was thinking maybe I could borrow
some more so I can get back on my feet again. No, that’s not possible. You’re an adult, you fix it. Uh-huh. – Hey, I’m kind of in the red right now, Henrik.
– So? I just need somewhere to sleep. What happened to the hostel? I can’t afford it, so I kind of
need somewhere to crash. Just for like a night or something. – Just until I find somewhere more permanent.
– Don’t look at me. – Why not?
– There’s no space here. Ok, I’ll just take off then. Eric! Hold up! There’s a couch in the basement. You can have it. Here are the keys. Thanks. – Hey Eric!
– Hi! – Are you here for the exhibition?
– Yeah, you too? How’s it going with Henrik? Yeah, well, he doesn’t seem too happy with me. – Howso?
– He complains about me, like, all the time. He does? He’s always so negative at first. He’ll warm up to you eventually. – There’s lots of nice stuff here.
– Absolutely. I wanted to show you something. Nice! What is it? It’s my latest creation. Okay. – It’s an abstract sculpture.
– Okay? I work kind of intensely, without thinking. I’m going to a private exhibition on Thursday.
You want to…? – You wanna join me?
– Hey, you know… we should do like, a collaboration. You do your sculptures, you could need the help.
You could help me film it. I don’t know, Eric. I don’t know how… How would you help me? I mean, I could help you film it, but… Okay, Eric, so… performance art,
I don’t think I can say much about that. It seems like a pretty hazy concept. – Almost indecipherable.
– A little hokey, even. Thanks, thanks for the introduction.
It’s good publicity for Youth Culture and, uh… …the performance art scene in Stockholm, thanks. I think it was a good presentation, but anyway… What’s that place in Paris, the glass pyramid place? – The Louvre?
– Yeah, I mean, looking at paintings, I don’t know… – It’s pretty fucking boring.
– I hate it. You can see lines and dots and shit but
there’s nothing more to say about it. Yeah, there has to be some hidden meaning to it and
you have to stand there and your back hurts and… – Image a kickboard race in the Louvre.
– With an open bar. Race, open bar and… Some kind of quiz, like “guess the painting” or something… Or just classic darts. – Jesus Christ, not on the paintings?
– Yeah, yeah, it’ll be like, uh… – It’d be like biathlon.
– Yeah, but actually pretty fucking fun. I think we’re onto something here. – Hi, Eric.
– Hi, mom. – How are you?
– I can’t chit chat right now, can I call you back? – When? What’s that sound? I’m here at a Carl Larsson exhibition.
It’s a sound installation. The invoice for your loan came in.
2000 is a lot of money. What do you need with a camera in a pair of glasses?
How are you paying for it? I’m not paying for it. – It’s a lot more fun not paying your bills…
– Sorry, the reception is so bad, I can’t hear you. – Betty and I are going on a trip to Mallorca instead…
– Hello? I can’t hear you. Who was it? A telemarketer. You always talk that long to a telemarketer? You want to do the groceries? There. – Hey Eric, Andrea says you’re also interested in art.
– Please, no interrogation. I’m just curious. Come with me, I want to show you something. This, this is art. – Kylberg isn’t exactly my favorite or anything.
– No, but it’s a hell of an investment. Seriously, though, as someone interested in art… What do you think of Andrea? Is she talented? She’s actually very ambitious. We’ve even talked
about doing a collaboration together so… I mean… this sculpting business… I think it’s just another way to run away.
From reality, I mean. How can she make a living off of it? She should get a proper education. She just floats around with all these grand ideas. She’s a dreamer, just like her mother. Andrea mentioned that you’re staying in a hostel? Yeah. I do, but it’s nothing permanent.
Strictly temporary. Sure. I think you could help me out. If you… Andrea respects you, I think? If you could talk to her, change her mind… If you could get her to apply to law school… Just write down what you need.
Just send it to my email. If you help me out, I’ll help you out. – Cheers!
– Cheers. What are you doing on Monday? I’m…I’m working, I guess. I want you to help me out with a sculpture. – Uh, yeah…
– I’ll help you shoot. I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. But it was you who suggested it. Yeah, but… Yeah, okay, maybe. I don’t know. No more water. Can you get some? No. What do you mean, “no”? You can do it yourself. It’s super late, come on, get up. No, wait, not yet. Come back to bed. I’m super hungry. – Don’t you dare.
– What? – Don’t you dare.
– What are you saying? Please, please, could you please… – Stop it!
– Don’t you like it? It was really nice and all,
can you come back to bed now? Knock it off, turn it off! Turn off the music! What the fuck are you doing? Financial aid. I’ll pay for your work and rent, just convince
Andrea to apply for law school. – Stig. – Here.
– Yes. You don’t have to take off your shoes.
I’m cleaning anyway. Here’s the bathroom. Just be careful,
it overflows easily. Just one of the things to look out for. Are you new in town? You could say that. – If you have any questions, let me know.
– Sure thing. Everything’s functional? No other issues? Fucking bitch. What? No, it’s my girl. But yeah, it’s… It’s four thousand a month or what was it? Yeah, that’s right. Is it still going to be furnished
or are you taking some stuff? Yeah, I mean… You take the couch. I’ll be sleeping on the bed. My girlfriend stays over sometimes too,
but it’s usually… – Oh. Okay.
– It’s not that wild. Okay. It’s not exactly what I had in mind. – 4K is a bit over my budget.
– But it’s just 5 minutes away from downtown… Well, it is an improvement, but I don’t know… It’s great, it’s fantastic, you can’t turn this down. How about this – 3200? I can go as far as 3400. – Then you can move in.
– Yeah, sure. Okay. – Welcome.
– Thanks. Do you know what statue that is? It’s called “Jeanette”.
Can we stop here for a second? Sure. What do you think of Stig? He’s okay. – Really?
– Definitely. I don’t like that you ingratiated yourself into my family. I don’t know what you’re talking about. You left your computer on. Hello? And Andrea? Huh? If you could just stand a bit to the right… – What?
– My right. Just a little bit. But why? I think it’ll be a better shot. – There. Does it look any better now?
– Yes. Perfect. Now if you could sit down. What? But it’s dirty, I don’t want to. Please just do as I say. I just don’t understand why. I think it’ll be a nice shot. I want to try
some different variations so we have options. But it’s not really me, you know? What do you mean, “not me”? It’s just so…bohemian or something.
I don’t know, but it’s not… Please just sit down and let’s get this over with. I’m more of a portrait kind of guy, good posture… No funny stuff. Sit down! Jesus, chill, man. Fuck… How do you want me to sit? Like this? Like a Buddha statue, just sit down on your ass. This side of my face is… It’s a bit
better so if you could just… Oh, fuck it. Thank you! I’m happy, so… Shall we? So how come you guys want to do this story on me? Oh no, we didn’t really,
this was just a contingency. Okay? So who was your first pick? Adam Pålsson, the actor.
But he had other commitments. So I’m plan B then? I didn’t say that. You’re the contingency. What do you mean? My editor wants to do a piece on Börje Ahlstedt
after he got fired from the National Theater. That whole story. Okay, so what happened? He didn’t show up. So I got it instead. Yeah. Just don’t expect it to be anything big.
It’s a collaboration with Youth Culture in Stockholm. It’ll be a column and a small photo
somewhere behind the personals. But hey, who gives a shit about
performance art anyway? Okay, so can you tell us how you got the idea then? – I thought about the body as a means of expression…
– Hold up. Let’s see here… How’s it going? I’ll fix this, it’s just part of my job. Let’s see. There. So tell us, how’d you get the idea for your work? I thought a lot about how you could translate
movements into colors and patterns. For example, if we do this one. Like this. – Yeah, so…
– What’s this? Fuck. It just worked earlier. – Let me have a look, I can fix it.
– No, it just doesn’t work. Can’t do anything. – Here, use my iPhone.
– No, I’ll just make mental notes and figure it out. – You said something about translation…?
– Yeah exactly, what color is this? I don’t get it. I know it sounds a little goofy, but I see this
as a classic green-brown movement. This is a bit more direct. Like this. What color is this? – Uh, red?
– Exactly! But if you could tell us what
it looks like on stage… It’s like a hybrid exhibition, right? So I’m projecting an image against a wall, then I have a computer where I play this ambient
wall of sound on loop in the background And I play a bit live while expressing
myself using my body. – So it’s like a live show, but pre-recorded…
– Wait, hold on. Hey! I told you, I’m doing this story… Can’t this wait? Yeah. Yeah, exactly. That’ll be fine. We… I’ll see you at 6:30 then? This should
be done in 15 minutes or so. Yes. Awesome. Bye! I’m here reading the Wikipedia page
on performance art and… It’s a little hazy what, uh… – Can you describe your performance in a sentence?
– That’s impossible. – Why not? Don’t you know what it’s about?
– No, of course, it just takes more than a sentence… Come on, now! Are you dense or what? Your 15 seconds are almost up. Tic…tac… It’s a hybrid show, I express myself physically and
project an image on the wall while playing music. – And it changes over time.
– Just like life, then. Do you wanna see it? – Not particularly, no.
– Is it really necessary then? I think it’s very entertaining, but of course… It’s not for everyone. Was it a slow newsday at the paper
when they printed that story or what? No, I think they were genuinely interested. What was that story even about, really?
I don’t remember. There wasn’t a whole lot written there. I just remember the picture where you
sit like a Buddha or something. Is that something you would want to be associated with? – No, that was the photographer’s idea.
– Yeah, sure. – I still don’t get what performance art is.
– Nope. Come. Come and see. – It looks good, huh?
– Oh. Oh yeah, definitely. What’s wrong then? Hi, it’s Stig. Did the money come in yet? Yeah. Yeah, it did. How’s it going with… well, you know what? Hey, I’m kind of in the middle of something here. – Can I call you back?
– Sure. Call me later. Sure thing. Bye. Who was that? My mom. Everything alright with her? Hey Andrea. – You never thought about a safety net?
– What do you mean? Well, I applied for an economics class. And I got in. What? What happened to the College of the Arts? Well, I just see the economics thing
as a back-up plan so… Are you serious? No, Eric, I haven’t thought about
having a “safety net”. – Not even a back-up?
– You really are serious. What did you think about the last one I showed?
You never said. I know, I thought it was…something.
Let’s see if she’s home. – Didn’t you call?
– Yeah, but she might be out shopping. I said you were coming anyway. – Hi!
– Hi, mother, this is Andrea. – Hi!
– Hi. I’m Andrea. – But what are you wearing?
– Well, it’s pants and, uh… But you look so strange. It looks
like the same fabric as my curtains. Is that what’s fashionable now? – Are you going to invite us in?
– Come in then, welcome. Everything looks the same. Where’s your bathroom? Here. Follow me.
Here, to the right. – Did the money come through yet?
– Yeah. That’s good. – You never wear sports jackets.
– What’s wrong wtih this? – But you look so… vain.
– I like my jacket, nothing wrong with it. You know, my show is taking off now. – What show?
– My performance art show! – Didn’t you read about it?
– No, I didn’t read anything like that. In the culture section, Youth Culture in Stockholm,
it was in the paper just the other day! I don’t read the Stockholm papers, you know that.
It’s all advertisements. Stockholm and ads. Anyway, you won’t have to worry anymore
because everything’s working out. There. – You want a cookie?
– Yes, thank you. What do you do, then? – I’m a sculptor.
– Ah. But how… How do you earn a living? I still live with my family. So you’re unemployed. No, I’m studying. I told you that. Yeah? – Art.
– Right, right. At college? No, Gerlesborgs school. It’s a prepschool. – But who will support you?
– Mother. I’m just curious. And who financed your show then? I told you specifically that we
wouldn’t talk about that today. – I was pretty clear about that.
– What is he talking about? – I mean…
– Drop it. I’m just curious about the kind
old man who sponsored you. Be quiet now, can’t you just be happy we’re here?
I don’t know why you have to bring that up now. – I specifically said that we shouldn’t talk about that.
– You can at least tell me that much. Andrea, wait. Andrea? You can’t talk like that, she’s your mom. She doesn’t understand anything,
I can’t deal with her. Are you in business with my dad? No, I’m not. You’re lying. No, I’m not. How’d you get money for your rent
and the theater space then? – I’m working.
– Being Henrik’s assistant doesn’t pay much. Andrea, I wouldn’t lie to you. I really don’t know. Wouldn’t you?
Who is the kind old man then? Tell me. – He’s just a kind old man.
– Let go! Hold up, Andrea! Wait! Did something happen? Are you and Eric in business together? Are you? Did he say that? – Are you going to leave him?
– I don’t know. – He’s here now.
– You have to stand up for yourself. – Or?
– I don’t know. I don’t care. I understand. – I’ll call you back again.
– Sure. Bye. Do something with your life! Sure, you have so much on your plate,
with online courses in painting. You have a lot to do as well, I’m guessing.
What do your parents do, anyway? My mother is a culture columnist
for the local newspaper. But Andrea said she was retired? That’s what she told me. – Isn’t that right?
– They had to make cutbacks so she was let go. – This just slipped your mind?
– No, no, it didn’t. Was it that hard to tell us that? – Yes, yes, it was.
– Why is it so damn hard to get a proper answer? If someone asks me what I do for a living,
I say I’m a lawyer. I don’t say that I kind of do this thing
and defend this and that person and such. Honestly speaking, I’m just so damn
tired of your bullshit. You’re a goddamn bully. You’re a fascist. – If you’re sick of my company you should leave.
– Wait, Stig, he didn’t mean it. – Right now!
– He doesn’t mean it. He meant every word, I know he did. – Just get out! Just go!
– I will. I’ll go. Great! I remember one time I had to relate
a scene from a movie to a friend. I described it exactly as I remembered it and my friend,
who had also seen the movie, said it wasn’t in it. I thought it was strange since I watched the movie twice
so I watched it again and turns out he was right. The scene wasn’t in the movie. So, like, I don’t know… Should I say something now or…? Well, “should” and “should”, only if you want to. Uh, you lost me when you said “I remember one time”. O-okay, well… I just wanted to talk about memory,
is it reliable or not? Well, I mean, memory is selective in a way. Sometimes I can remember things
that have never actually happened. – That’s just…
– Yeah, I can repress things I don’t want to remember… Like, to rid myself of the anxiety. I don’t know.
How do you feel about it? – Huh?
– Are you even paying attention? No, sorry, you kind of lost me… again. About, uh, memory? I don’t really give it much thought. – I just like to hear the sound of my own voice.
– Okay. Yeah, I actually dedicate several hours a day
to just daydreaming. If I focus and imagine something and think
“this has happened”… It’s like it happened. I know it sounds pretty fucking weird, but to me,
somehow, it becomes a reality. Even if it is a bit hazy, like… Like I think to myself… This is what my life should have been. Huh? Like I imagine the power of my mind
can change space and time. You mean that you can change the nature
of reality with the power of your mind? Yeah, kind of, I just have this idea
that if I concentrate really hard… Okay? And it just happens. I even have a magic lamp. I’m kidding,
but it’s kind of like magic to me. If I rub it… …against your crotch? No, I don’t. I’m thinking more like that whole
Sliding Doors effect, that whole scenario… Sounds more Aladdin-inspired,
do you have a flying carpet too? …you will anyway. I’m warning you, any second now I’ll snap. “I’m warning you, any second now I’ll snap.” Oh my god. Take it out! “Oh my… God! Take it out now.” Hey, this is your final warning. – What are you doing?
– “What are you doooing?” – Stop it.
– “Stoooop it.” You’re a useless person, just walking around
like “ooh, look at me, I’m so fucking cool”. I’ll tell you, you should take that hat and
shove it up your ass, you fucking sissy. Let go! Let me go! I’m dying! Let go! I’m suffocating! LET GO! I can’t breathe! I mean, in the animal kingdom,
rape is part of procreation. But you can’t compare animals to people like that. Why not? – I-I don’t know.
– We’re animals, right? Yeah, yeah, whatever. Eric, over to you.
Are you still working as a personal care assistant? No, I quit so now I’m studying full-time
and living off of student loans. – Crippling debt all the way, huh?
– Yep. I see now that we’re almost out of time,
so I wish you luck with your studies. As well as with the whole Youth Culture…thing. – And thank you for talking to us.
– Thanks for having me. – Thank you, Robin, as usual.
– Thanks. And thanks to our listeners for tuning in today. You’re all welcome next week for another episode of
“Danne’s Place” with a new exciting guest. Thank you. – Wait. There!
– Yeah! – Alright!
– I have to hit the head. So when will this air, then? Oh right, so yeah, the thing is sometimes
we get some, like, back-up stuff… Stuff that doesn’t necessarily
go up on the website. So it’s not definite if this episode will air. We might get Henrik Dorsin on Thursday so… Well, you understand. Hey! Excuse me! Do you have a lighter? Hold up, are you from here? – Are you from here?
– Why? – No, I was just curious.
– No, I’m here for the exhibition at Liljevalsch. – Oh, nice! So you’re into the arts?
– Mhm, I’m at art school. – What year?
– Sophomore. That’s so cool. – So what’s your thing?
– I don’t know, I guess it’s some kind of performance. So…what’s your thing?
[Jazzy music playing] Hello, everyone!
My name is Boto, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed that intro
because it took me a very long time to make it. I have no photo or video editing skills at all,
so this entire thing has been a learning process. However, it’s a fun hobby that I’m enjoying,
so I’m going to keep doing it. So I thought I would help
someone else out today. Because I was trying to make a
fade in and fade out on my video for free because I don’t have money
to spend on video editing software. And I decided to use
Windows Essentials Movie Maker. Movie Maker is free.
It’s a quick download from Microsoft. You can get a little bit of other
software from them as well. I think all you need to do is
go to Google and type in
“Windows Movie Maker”. And then you just click on
“Get Movie Maker” and then the “Get it now” button, and then it will take you to another download. And that’s where you get it! So once it’s installed,
you’re able to just go to Movie Maker. And it’s a very simple,
clean setup. It will remind you of
Microsoft Office or any of their suite of applications. And then you go to
“Click here to browse for videos and photos”. And here’s some videos that I have. So here’s kind of a preview for my outro
that you’ll see at the end of this video. Click play right there. So what I wanna do with this video
is fade in at the beginning and fade out at the end. I tried to do this myself without looking
up a tutorial video, but I did find a tutorial video that
taught me how. You go up to the “Visual Effects” tab, and this extended arrow down here,
the little “more” arrow. Click it, and then you go to
“Multiple effects” and click that. And this is where you will find all
of the effects that this program will let you use. So we wanted fade ins and fade outs. I want to fade in from black.
I’ll add it there. And I want to fade out to black,
and I’ll add it there. It doesn’t matter what order
they’re in because it will pick up the correct order by itself. And then you click “Apply”. And now we can see… [Video starts playing] So we faded in at the beginning, and we’re going to fade out
at the end. [Video is still playing] And there it went. Now, as some of you probably picked up,
the audio does not fade out or fade in. So the music just starts playing by itself. And that’s fine if that’s what you wanna do,
but I don’t wanna do that. So you go over here to the edit tab
and you find the audio fade in and out. And I like to do fast fade in and fade out. So it faded in along with the video,
and it’ll fade out with the video as well. [Video is playing] And there it went! Those are two simple things that can
increase the quality of your video quite a bit, I think. Whenever you’re ready to save,
you just go to the home tab and you click “Save Movie”. If you want it high quality,
you save it “for high definition display”. And then you title it whatever
and then hit save. It will export it to wherever you moved it. You can also save a movie as a project. So you just say “save project as”
if you plan to continue working on this and you don’t want to export it to
a processed video yet. But I don’t wanna do that because
I don’t care that much about this video. So I’ll just exit out. And that’s all I have for you today! I hope you found this tutorial useful, and I also hope you enjoy the new intro
and outro! I’ll see you again next time! Bye-bye! [Jazzy music playing]
It is ordered, adjudged
and decreed… that Walter McMillian is to face
death by electrocution. This is my dad, sir. -Sit down, young man.
-John. I want you to sit down now. He ain’t do nothing wrong. Please, Judge.
Hold on one second. I won’t say it again. Sit down! Not if you gonna kill my dad for
no reason. You killing my family, sir. You! ♪♪♪ They convicted an innocent man. I was always taught to fight… for the people who need
the help the most. You don’t know what it
is down here.They ain’t got to have
no evidence.How many of you all were with
Walter that morning? You ain’t quitting, is you? No, sir.We all with you.I don’t want my son growing
up knowing his mom stopped doing
what was right… just because she was scared.I think we can build a case
strong enough to bring him home.And I’m not gonna stop until
I’ve done that. Let’s get to work. We with you!We all with you!Your life is still meaningful. And I’m gonna do everything
possible to keep them from
Hi. This is Marty from Blue Lightning TV. I thought it would be fun to show you how
to recreate the movie poster of “The Martian” using your own face or anyone else’s. I provided a Photoshop template that includes the poster’s astronaut spacesuit and a channel that we’ll
use to place a face inside the helmet. I also provided an image of a Martian landscape
that we’ll use as a reflection over the face on the glass of the helmet. They’re both located in my video’s description
or project files below. In addition, I included a link for the font that was used in the poster. Open a sharp, well-lit photo of a face looking
directly at you. I downloaded this one from Shutterstock. If your photo needs its brightness and/or
contrast adjusted, open the “Levels” window by pressing Ctrl or Cmd + L. Since every photo
is different, you’ll probably adjust their input shadows, midtones and highlights need
to be adjusted differently. For this photo, I’d like to darken its midtones,
so I’ll drag the Input midtone slider to the right. We’ll convert your subject into a Smart Object,
so we can continue to modify if non-destructively and, if we want to, replace it with different
face without having to re-do the effects. To do this, click the icon at the upper, right
of the Layers panel and click “Convert to Smart Object”. To place it into the poster, make sure your
Move Tool is active. If it isn’t, press “v” on your keyboard. Drag it onto the tab of the poster and without
releasing your mouse or pen, drag it down and release. Pressing “Shift” kept it centered or the document. Don’t size it just yet. Open your Channels panel. If you don’t see it, go to Window and Channels. Ctrl-click of Cmd-click the black and white
channel to make a selection of its shape. Open back the Layers panel and click the Layer
Mask icon to make a layer mask of the selection next to the active layer. To resize the face inside the layer mask, click the chain-link icon to unlink the layer and the layer mask. Doing this, allows us to resize and/or re-position
either of them independently of the other. Make the face active and press Ctrl or Cmd
+ T to open your Transform Tool. If the Transform’s bounding box is outside
your canvas, press Ctrl or Cmd + 0. Go to a corner and when you see a diagonal,
double-arrow, press and hold Alt or Option + Shift as you drag it in or out. To re-position it, go inside the bounding
box and drag it. Size and position it, so you don’t see the
ears and the bottom of the chin should rest at the bottom of the layer mask. If the face is slightly at an angle, you’ll
want to straighten it by going outside the bounding box near a corner and when you see
a curved, double-arrow, rotate it until the face is vertical. Then, press Enter or Return. To fit it back onto your canvas, press Ctrl or Cmd + 0. Reduce the opacity of the face to 80%. Open the Martian landscape I provided. We’ll give it a convex distortion to conform
to the curved glass of the helmet. But first, we’ll convert it into a Smart Object,
so we can do it non-destructively. Go to Filter and “Lens Correction”. Click the “Custom” tab and drag the “Geometric
Distortion” to the left approximately this much. Convert it into a Smart Object once again
and drag it onto the tab of the poster. As before, without releasing your mouse or
pen, press and hold “Shift” as you drag it down and release. Go to the layer mask and press and hold Alt
or Option as you drag a copy of it next to the Mars landscape. Change the Blend Mode to “Overlay”. We’ll reduce the size of the Martian landscape
over the helmet. Open your Transform Tool and see its entire
bounding box. Reduce the landscape over the helmet and fit
it onto your canvas. Continue to adjust its size and position. Then, press Enter or Return. Reduce its opacity to approximately 50%. Next, well darken the top of the forehead,
since the the helmet is casting a shadow over it. Make the face layer active and click the New
Layer icon to make a new layer. Ctrl-click or Cmd-click the layer mask to
make a selection of its shape. We’ll expand the selection to ensure that
all of that that entire area of the forehead will be darkened. Go to Select, Modify and Expand. Expand it by 6 pixels. Click the Layer Mask icon to make a layer
mask of the selection next to the empty layer. Make the empty layer active and open your
Gradient Tool. Make sure the “Linear” gradient icon is active. Open your Gradient thumbnails and if you don’t see the
“Black to Transparent” thumbnail, click the gear icon and click “Reset Gradients”. Then, click the “Black to Transparent” thumbnail. Go to the top of the forehead and press and
hold Shift as you drag the Gradient Tool halfway down and release. Change the Blend Mode to “Overlay”. Make a copy of it by pressing Ctrl or Cmd
+ J and reduce the copy’s opacity to 50%. Next, we’ll add a highlight spot, which gives
the appearance of a sun flare on the helmet’s glass. Make the top layer active and click the New
Layer icon to make a new layer. Change its Blend Mode to “Overlay” and name it, “Highlight”. Open your Brush Tool and Brush Picker. Make its Size: 250 pixels and the Hardness: 0%. The Opacity and Flow are both 100%. Place your cursor halfway over an edge of
the face and click once. Feel free to reposition the flare by pressing
“v” to open your Move Tool and dragging it. Next, we’ll add the text. Open your Horizontal Type Tool and if you
want to use the same the font as in the real poster, open “UVF Bourgeois Medium” for which
I provided the link to. Make its Size: 68 points, Sharp, Center Alignment
and white for the color. Click the “Character/Paragraph” panels icon. If you don’t see it, go to Window and Character. Make its “Leading”; 106 points. Leading increases or decreasing the amount
of space between lines of text. Make its “Tracking”: 140. Tracking is the amount of space between letters
in a word, line, or paragraph. The Horizontal and Vertical scales are 100%. Click on your document and type out your text. To center it on your poster, click the Move
Tool and press Ctrl or Cmd + A to select your canvas. Click the “Align Horizontal Centers” icon
and the “Align Vertical Centers” icon. To deselect it, press Ctrl or Cmd + D. This is Marty from Blue Lightning TV. Thanks for watching!
These souls are connected by yours and mine, These claims written in me are yours, You gotta figure like Rihanna You have courage like Phoolan (Devi) We forget the world and look at her when Biba dances Biba dances Nothing can stop her as Biba dances All of my nights are spent effected by you Leave the world and just stay in sight of yours I am just an ordinary guy, You are a Jatt (Punjabi) Girl When you steal a glance Your eyes hit the target with a bullet when Biba dances Hey, Biba dances Nothing can stop her When Biba dances Face to Face with Love I am similar just like you Nothing feels difficult anymore These nights dedicated to our rendezvous I greet the world through your praises Can’t look away when you look at me And Biba dances And Biba dances Nothing can stop her, when biba dances When Biba dances Marshmello…You must have heard the name.
Enter The Void (2009) The Holy Mountain (1973) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Birdman (2014) Inglorious Basterds (2009) Eyes Wide Shut (1999) Life of Pi (2012) Howl’s Moving Castle (2004) Spring Breakers (2012) Only God Forgives (2013) Les Kikiri (1907) Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1902) Voyage To The Moon (1902) Serpentine Dance (1895) The Life & Passion of Jesus Christ (1905) The Easter Eggs (1907) The Departure of Harlequin and Pierrette (1900) Prolific Magic Egg (1903) Intolerance (1916) Haxan (1922) Greed (1924) Miniature Theatre (1906) The Wizard of Oz (1939) Gone With The Wind (1939) The Band Wagon (1953) The Spider And The Butterfly (1909) Intolerance (1916) Hero (2002) The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1919) Traffic (2000) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) Irreversible (2002) In The Mood For Love (2000) Life of Pi (2012) The Matrix (1999) The Wizard of Oz (1939) Kill Bill (2003) Inside Out (2015) The Holy Mountain (1973) Haxan (1922) O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) Her (2013) Moonrise Kingdom (2012) Amelie (2001) Drive (2011) Tokyo Drifter (1966) Amelie (2001) Apocalypse Now (1979) Pierrot Le Fou (1965) Amelie (2001) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) The Sixth Sense (1999) Mirror’s Edge (2008) Tokyo Drifter (1966) The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Bronson (2008) Enter The Void (2009) Three Colours Blue (1993) Three Colours Red (1994) Three Colours White (1994) Unbreakable (2000) We Need To Talk About Kevin (2011) The Godfather (1972) Volver (2006) A Seperation (2011) Pan’s Labyrinth (2006) The Last Emperor (1987) Malcolm X (1992) Tokyo Drifter (1966) The Dreamers (2003) Fight Club (1999) About Schmidt (2002) Blue Is The Warmest Colour (2013) In The Mood For Love (2000) Blue Is The Warmest Colour (2013) Vertigo (1958) Ran (1985) Resevoir Dogs (1991) I Am Love (2011) Breaking Bad (2009) The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989) Schindler’s List (1993) Up (2009) Eyes Wide Shut (1999) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
So guys, the first Movie to tell us about S.H.I.E.L.D. , avengers and marvel cinematic Universe was Iron Man 2 where we also first time saw Black Widow So now the turn is of Iron man 2. In this movie our tony stark is surrounded with many problems which Included government taking his suit Vanko wants to kill him hammer wants to take over his company and above all of this Tony’s arc reactor is also killing him but our hero stop is near to impossible So guys you are welcome to 3rd episode of road to infinity war where we are going to talk about the marvel cinematic universe’s 2010 movie 3rd movie Iron man 2, So considering the spoilers lets start. During the shooting of movie the director of movie Jon Favreau was in constant conflict with marvel Because Marvel hire up was constant altering the script even though the shooting of movie was side by side going on. Marvel Studio wants to the keep element of S.H.I.E.L.D. more and more so that the idea of marvel cinematic universe could be carry forward but it’s also damaging the plot of the movie So later on Jon Favreau directly denies to direct Iron man 3 In 2011’s Captain America : the winter Solider Garry Shandling reprise his role of Senator Stern where it is relieved that he was hydra’s sleeper agent where we clearly understand that why Senator Stern wants to take the iron man suit and technology the basic story line of the movie which is tony stark has to deal with the problem of his suit taken by the government and also he was suffering from alcoholism and dispersion and above all of this his rival justin hammer want to destroy him. All of this was inspired from the famous iron man comic demon in a bottle. this is the only movie in which at the end tony stark didn’t say “I am Iron man”. the person playing the role of Nick fury Samuel L Jackson was promise a lot of screen time but this doesn’t happen. Due to which he denies to play the role of Nick fury But later on he a lot conveninance and A deal of picture was signed. According to the director Jon Favreau person who gave Vanko fake document to go Monaco was the member of 10 rings. this the same organisation which kidnapped tony stark in Iron man 1 the one shot released after iron man 3 clear that the leader of this organisation is iron man’s famous villain mandarin According to the director Jon Favreau the technology shown in the movie is highly futuristic he says that after the first iron man moive Many tach company was discussing that how can the technology shown is highly advanced And also the first movie has inspired many movies and video games due which they show hologram in this movie And also the iron man suit and its interface is upgraded the factory of Justin hammer shown in the movie In real it is space X factory of Elon musk in California and the people show in movie roaming there are real employee even though the scene is shot in the night And also in the movie Elon Musk in introduce to tony James Rhodes roles was first played by Terrance Howard who was the highest paid actor of iron man 1 But later the role is recast with Don Cheadle According to director Jon Favreau, this happen because it is difficult for him to work with Terrance Howard But According to Terrance Howard this happen because Robert Downy Jr. Lead to this. Due which they face a loss of 100 million dollars the actress playing the role of black widow Scarlet Johnson Dye her hair even before getting the role because She want this role at any cost.(We all also want her in this role at any cost!) In this movie we also see Oracle CEO Larry Ellison . who is give title of real life Millionier play boy Also in the movie when tony move walk from near him he says” it is the oracle of oracles ” Oracle brand is placed at many position in the movie plus the showdown of the movie held at a fictional place Oracle Dome In the original ending of the movie, it is going to shown that Whiplash dodging the blast goes to kill pepper and tony where Rhodes kill him to death but the ending is changed later on and makes the situation more ambiguous so that whiplash can bring back later in Hammers’s Ex-Wife missile does no effect on Vanko which is shown in the movie as a joke BUt it is a bunker destroying missile which is made to operate at long range target But Rhodes uses it for a short range target so it didn’t work It is the only movie in which tony stark is call by his legal name Anthony Stark two times by Justin hammer Scarlet Johnson was surprised after seeing her spy suit by thinking that how would she move in this suit But to prepare for his role she start training 6 week before the movie shooting and also with that she trainees during the shooting of movie for six month So guys these are the some awesome fact about of Iron man 2 this movie was awesome but if I miss any detail or you have any new fact about iron man 2 please tell us in the comment section. and also tell me which is your favorite scene from the movie and all for superhero news and facts . Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook twitter Instagram and google plus. ‘WE ARE EVERYWHERE” so guys if you want to know more about infinity war i would recommend you our infinity war playlist And also if you want to get this T-shirt you can find the link in description and if you love this video please like and share it and for more such super content don’t forget to subscribe our channel Thank you guys THIS IS AMAN SINHA and you are SUPERSUPER PEACE!!!