– (Singing) They were work hard for the
money. So hard for the money. – Let’s talk about that. (Theme music) – Good Mythical Morning!
– You may assume that all rich people grew up with silver spoons –
– Didn’t they? – … feeding their golden bottles with
caviar milk into their rich little mouths, from a young young age. But you’d be
wrong. Sometimes a lot wrong. Because a lot of
people started with rags and then got to riches, which is why they’re called
rags-to-riches stories. I’m going to trivialise you — today —
with that, Rhett. – (Chuckling) Oh please, don’t do that.
– How much do you know? It’s time for… ‘Started from the bottom now we’re
guessing how they got here.’ Okay, alright, I’ve got some questions for
you. Seven to be exact. If you get four out of seven of these
correct- – I’m a champ!
– Well, you’re a champ, but you also win a riches outfit made of gold. But if you
lose, you win a rags outfit, that you have to wear. But if you win, I get to
wear the rags and vice versa, alright? – Okay, so both of us will be wearing
outfits. – We’ll be wearing something.
– Who wears it determines how- is determined by how well I do.
– I’m going to give you three life lines, because these are multiple choice
questions, Rhett. The first one is; you can declare bankruptcy on two of
the potential answers – they’ll be removed.
– 50/50 – You can also do some insider trading
aka ‘The Martha’, where I give you a hint using the voice of Martha Stewart. And-
– Oh! Good luck with that. – And finally you can just ask a
(stuttering) rich person. – What?
– Ask a rich person — that’s what I said- – Okay.
– the first time. You ready for the first one?
– Yes! – Prior to writing and staring in Rocky-
– Sylvester Stallone! – was making ends meet by working as a…
– Oh – (laughing) Yeah, you didn’t-
– That wasn’t- – Yeah, you didn’t get that right —
– Oh, right. – that wasn’t the question.
– Dang it! – Was Sylvester making ends meet by being;
a Philadelphia meet packer; a Central Park Zoo lion cage cleaner; a Coney Island
health inspector or why don’t you just ask (Rocky impersonation) AAAADRIAAAN!
I think he said that in the movie. – He did. Philadelphia meat packer isn’t
that what he was doing — it’s based in Philly. And doesn’t he punch meat in
the – isn’t there a — a meat punching scene?
– Don’t ask me. – So I think that he — that’s what he
was in the movie. Sylvester is not a health inspector sort of guy.
– I don’t know, I could see- I could see –
– But a lion cage sounds like a made up thing and that’s why I’m going with it.
– Somebody’s got to do it. – That’s why I’m going to go with it. B.
– You’re correct! – Yeah! Yeah!
– Yeah! Right off the bat! – Woo!
– He is now worth $400m but you know what they say about polishing a lion turd?
It’ll make you rich! Or something. (Laughing)
I don’t think anyone ever said anything about polishing a lion turd…
– No. You have now though. – I did. You know what I say about a
lion turd? Polish it. Next question. You’re off to a great start, Rhett.
– Yeah I am. – The founder of IKEA wasn’t-
– Swedish! – wasn’t always a billionaire. He grew up
on a tiny farm in (Points to Rhett) – Sweden!
– …where his first business was selling individual blanks to his neighbours.
– Okay. – Was he selling matches; tampons;
meatballs or little useless Allen wrenches that don’t work on anything but IKEA
furniture? – Hrmm.. I know what you’re talking
about. I have a collection of those. – Because you want to keep them. It’s like
‘I’m going to need this later’. – I do keep them.
– Because what if it gets loose. – I have a necklace of them.
– You have an IKEA Allen wrench necklace?! – I wear it on the weekends.
(laughing) It’s not a weekend, man. – Oh, it’s not.
– Matches? Well, meatballs I feel is just like the joke of — you know — IKEA has
got meatballs. – What? But, why do they sell meatballs?
– Because he sold them beforehand. – Huh?
– No, it’s either matches or tampons. And that’s two different directions, my
friend. (laughing off camera) And selling tampons to neighbours? Really?
– Well, it’s a private thing. don’t want to go out and buy those, you want
someone to come to your door and sell them to you.
– You’ve got to know that there’s women in the house. You’ve got to know that they —
they need a tampon. Too young, too old, they don’t need them. – Yeah, let’s keep exploring it.
– But everybody needs matches! And that’s why I’m going with A. Matches.
– You’re so good! It is matches. – Yes! The power of logic!
– He looks like he doesn’t have teeth in this photo. But, he is a rapper. He’s
rapping. He’s currently rapping in this photo. I just wanted to point that out.
– Okay. – He’s a toothless rapper who is also
also the CEO of IKEA. He’s worth $3.3bn. – Wow… Sell those matches.
– Before becoming one of the most successful comedians of all time. This
entertainer dropped out of high school to work full time as a janitor. Was it
Louis C.K.; Eddie Murphy; Jim Carrey or Donald J Trump?
– Ooohh! – Janitor. Who get — who-
– Janitor? I feel like I would know that Louis C.K. was a janitor, because he’s a
more recent phenomenon. I feel like we’re talking about Eddie Murphy or Jim
Carrey. – Just cleaning those toilets.
– I can picture Jim Carrey as a janitor and I’m going to say Jim Carrey.
– Hrmm.. Have you seen The Mask? – Yeah, many times. That’s my favourite
movie. – Have you seen The Majestic?
– No. – Me neither. That has not contributed to
his net worth of $150m. C is the correct answer. Yeah!
– Really!? Dang, how many do I have to get correct?
– I — It’s just — All of them now. – I’m going for the sweep!
– Let’s say all of them. – I’m going for the sweep!
– Oh! He’s going for the sweep, folks. – Woo! The pressure!
– If he gets any of the wrong, he has to wear the rags suit.
– Now give me one. – No! The sweep!
– But – But no. You’ve got to- – It’s just a rags suit. – It’s not like you’ve got to be nude!
– Okay, gosh! But then if I miss the next one, there’s no drama. Okay?
– We’ll change the rules then. You don’t even need a lifeline.
– Oh! We’ve still got lifelines! – You don’t have use the lifelines. But
you should ask a rich person. – I want the rich person-
– I’m asking the rich person on this one and I don’t even know what the
question is. – Leighton Meester is known for playing
the Upper Eastside’s reigning Queen B on Gossip Girl.
– Yeah, she is. – But her own beginnings were a little
more humble. Was Leighton Meester born: On a subway train platform; in prison;
in a barn or was she born to out-scheme that sneaky piece of trash Poppy Lifton?
– That would be funny if I was familiar with the show? I’m sure.
– Yeah, she’s always out-scheming Poppy Lifton.
– Yeah, that Poppy Lifton, – Prison? Nobody has babies in prison.
But you know what? I don’t even need to think about this because I’m going to ask
a rich person. Oh, wow! – We just so happen to have a monocled
rich person! – You look so wealthy! You’re monocle is
attached to nothing. – It doesn’t need to be attached to
anything. I’m so rich. – I mean — it’s — (chuckling) it’s got
to go somewhere, rich man. – It goes to my hand. I hold it right here
– No he- It does when you’re that rich. Alright, rich man. Are you a– are you a
Gossip Girl fan or what? – Oh yes, all the rich people watch Gossip
Girl. – Yes, they get together and watch it.
– So Leighton, was she born in a barn, prison or subway train platform?
– I believe it was in a cell. A prison. – A prison cell?!
– Yes. I’ve never been to one, I’m too rich.
– Born in a prison. Okay thanks, rich man – Your welcome.
– Your sweep is at stake here. – I don’t normally trust rich people, but
I got to in this situation as he looks so rich. B. Prison.
– You said definitely not prison. And now you’re changing your answer?
– Listen man, rich people rule the world. – Are you changing your answer again?
– No, I’m going to B. Prison. – He’s right! The sweep is intact.
– Yeah! Yeah! – Even though she’s worth over 500m now,
this celebrity grew up in poverty as the youngest of fourteen children. Was it
Oprah, Celine, or Paula Deen or Duggar Child #14, which is the kid’s
actual name as they stopped naming them after eleven.
– Man, you think Oprah’s got that many brothers and sisters? Don’t you feel like
you would know all- know them. They would be like ‘I’m Oprah’s brothers’,
‘I’m Oprah’s sister’. – There’s thirteen of us.
– I feel like I need to declare bankruptcy on two of these answers.
– Alright, I just removed Paula Deen and Duggar Child #14. Uh-huh.
– Celine or Oprah? I think Celine is worth over 500m, I do believe that. I know Oprah
is. Woah, this is tough. There’s a lot at stake. I feel like I
would know this about Oprah. – I love how you’re stressing. You want-
– Oooohhh.. Celine. Celine. – It feels wrong, but I’m going to say
it. Celine. – It feels wrong but it’s so right.
– Yes! Yes! Woo! – Good work! When she was singing All By
Myself, she was lying through her teeth. – Ooh!
– She didn’t get her own bedroom until she was 24.
– No! – John Paul Mitchell of Paul Mitchell
haircare wasn’t always so polished, Rhett. – He wasn’t a lion turd.
– Before starting his shampoo line, he was.. what? A male stripper, a house
painter, a member of an LA street gang or collecting stray hair trimmings for his
failed toupee line? ‘He wasn’t born with it,
it’s Paul Mitchell’. – I would like to conjure the spirit of
Martha Stewart. Even though she’s not dead. Get a hint.
– (Martha Stewart impersonation) I hear he still got love for the streets.
– Well, that’s pretty- it makes it pretty obvious.
– Well, that’s because I have insider knowledge.
– Okay, I’m going to go with C. – And I want you to get the sweep.
– Member of an LA street gang. – Yes!
– Yes! – Paul Mitchell was a gang member,
y’all. He also owns 70% of Patron, which coincidentally tastes exactly like
hairspray. – Oh!
– Originally born with the last name Bottom. So he literally started at the
Bottom. – Got it!
– Because it was hit last name. – Got it!
– Did you get that? – Yeah. Bottom.
– This Oscar-nominated actor grew up dirt poor whilst his family travelled around
South America in a cult! – South America.
– Cult! Is it Johnny Depp, Adrian Brody, Joaquin Phoenix or Shia Labeouf? Just
kidding, he didn’t get nominated for an Oscar, yet?
– Oh gosh, this is just- – I believe in you, Shia.
– Oscar- – He pulled a tooth for a role-
– Oscar-nominated? – How c- How can he not wi- not get
nominated for an Oscar? How many teeth does he have to pull to
get nominated for an Oscar? – All these guys are Oscar-nominated. I
believe Adrian Brody is Oscar winning. So, I’m going to take him out.
– Well, that’s- – Joaquin Bottom. Johnny Bottom. Phoenix
seems like more a made-up last name. I’m going to go with Joaquin Bottom for
the sweep. – You’re going with Joaquin Phoenix? Just
for clarification. – Yeah, C. Joaquin Phoenix.
– The sweep is intact! – Yes! Woo woo woo!
– You did it! His parents eventually left Children of
God and he eventually went on to be worth $25m.
– Chump change. – But sadly he is still not an
entertained. But hopefully you were. We’re going to dole out these suit prizes
right now. Check that out! I got to wear the rags – these are paper towels!
– I am so looking forward to wearing this. – You’re going to look awesome in this.
– 24 carat.
– Thanks for liking, commenting and subscribing. – You know what time it is. – I’m [Bruno the Jesus] from South Africa. And it’s time to spin the
Wheel of Mythicality. – You look grand!
– I feel so rich. We’re very excited to announce the fourth annual Mythicon.
That is the fan-created and fan-run gathering of Mythical Beasts, that happens
all around the world. That is August 13th. Go to the rhettandlinkommunity
blog – link in the description for details for the closest gathering near you.
– And click through to Good Mythical More where we’re going to play Hungry Hungry
Hippos with other stuff that they’re hungry for.
– But not before competing bananas on a fruit stand – we act as.
(Acting as bananas) – Hey, get away from me!
– I don’t touch you, you look so rotten. – Hey! Hey! Hey!
– I’m the golden banana. – Well, people-
– I’m the golden banana! Don’t make eye contact with me.
– People like an overripe banana. That’s me! People prefer me.
– You smell like mustard. – You shouldn’t dog me too much
because- – Oh look!
– Because you’re going lay around
and become me. – A rich person – a rich woman – is
grabbing me. – Oh, she’s squeezing you!
– And pulling me away. – You’re too firm.
– I’m going into a rich woman’s mouth. [Captioned by Katie:
GMM Captioning Team]